Every Resident at Sunset Lodge will:
- Be treated with courtesy and respect and in a way that fully recognizes the resident’s dignity and individuality and to be properly sheltered, fed, clothed, groomed and cared for in a manner consistent with their needs.
- Be given a safe and clean environment.
- Be able to keep and display, in their room, personal possessions, pictures and furnishings in keeping with safety requirements and other residents’ rights.
- Be encouraged to form friendships, to enjoy relationships and to participate in Resident’s Council.
- Be encouraged to pursue social, cultural, spiritual, intellectual, physical and other interests to develop their potential.
- Be informed, in writing, of any law, rule, or policy directly affecting the resident of the home and the process for initiating complaints.
- Be afforded privacy; in treatment, in confidentiality of medical records, and when receiving visitors and concerning personal mail.
- Be informed of their medical condition, treatment and proposed course of treatment, and has the right to give or refuse consent to treatment and to be informed of the consequences of giving or refusing consent.
- Participate fully in decision-making involving their care, including obtaining and independent medical opinion.
- Be able to designate a person to receive information concerning any transfer or change in medical condition, and to have that person so informed.
To the extent possible, the resident will be responsible for their actions and for consequences resulting from them.